Fackler Depot

[photo] See caption below for details.

The earliest train records of a stop in the Fackler area referred to the stop as Timberlake's. It was mentioned in the Memphis and Charleston railroad report in 1861 when a new wood and water station was built here.

In 1873, there was only one store if Fackler. The M&C reported showed Fackler as being a freight stop for the first time in 1887, but there is no mention of when the depot shown above was built.

These railroaders came from this area: M. A. Roach and J. B. Carleton.

From Jack Daniel's book, Southern Railway: From Stevenson to Memphis (Grandmother Earth Creations: Germantown, TN, 1996).