We do not know the history of this building. In the 1956 phone book, this building was home to Proctor Steeley Furniture. This business is found continuously in this space through 1965 when this address disappeared.

Albert Parks opened a men’s wear shop in this space about 1965 and persuaded son Bill to manage this business when he graduated from college in 1966. Parks continued to own this space. When the store was renovated in 1985 to join the store on Willow to the store at 107 East Laurel Street, this address became part of the main Parks store. During that time, it was the Junior Shop for a while, and children’s wear for a time. In the 1990s, Parks stopped using the store on the corner of Willow. The former men’s wear shop at 109 became Will Parks’ office when the Parks Department Store Space on Laurel Street was remodeled into the Parks Law Office.

Current view: No longer a standalone address